Government contacts have a history tracing app, Health Bridge. The app was accused several times of being a major privacy issue for its users. After a long string of allegations, and finding new ways for people to save their data from the app, the government finally made it open source.
Well, today the government is taking another step to make the app more acceptable to the users. Now you finally have control over your data, and you can delete your account if you want. By doing this, your account and your data will be permanently removed from the app. However, keep in mind that your data will remain on the government server for 30 days after deleting your account.
In addition, the app has also added permissions to allow other apps to read your health data. You can find the option in the settings of the app.
With this move, the Arogya Setu app is trying to get closer to something that users want to do on their phones. After all, giving users no method to delete their accounts was definitely a big red flag.
So far, that the new features are only available in the Arogya Setu app on Android devices. However, an update is underway for iOS devices. So, if you are an iPhone user, you will soon see new options.
Image Source:- timesofindia
- Now you can find nearby COVID-19 Testing Centers
- Google Chat May be Coming Soon to Gmail on Android
- OnePlus Nord to Feature leak Dual Selfie Cameras: Report
- Russia Lifts Ban on Telegram Messaging App for 2 year
- Apple WWDC 2020 iOS 14 Announces & Features
- Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Features, Prices & coming soon in india
- New Jailbreak Tweaks come to unlock any iPhone model
- OnePlus Pods (OnePlus Buds) Design Leaked Online