In this day and age, we have options for everything. Whether it is an email client or a chat messaging app, there are always plenty of options to choose from, regardless of the platform. But often, what stops us from switching between platforms and services is the worry of losing data. That’s not the case if you want to switch from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Whether it is individual or group chat, transferring them is no more difficult than sharing live location in Telegram. This article will show you how to transfer individual and group chats from WhatsApp to Telegram in a few simple steps. So let’s get started.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats to Telegram on Android and iOS
Once you have set up Telegram on your phone, you can now transfer individual WhatsApp conversations along with their media files to Telegram.
Transferring WhatsApp chats is easy, but the only caveat here is that you won’t transfer all your chats at once. So, you are limited to one at a time.
How to Transfer Personal Chats on Android
First, let’s see how you can transfer individual WhatsApp chats to Telegram on Android.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and navigate to the chat you want to transfer. Use the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner, go to More, and tap the Export chat option.
- If your chat has media, WhatsApp will give you the option to export your chat with or without the media.
- Next, select the Telegram app from the Share menu that appears.
- You will be taken to the Telegram app, where you have to select the respective contact from the list. Alternatively, you can also search for contacts using the search tool at the top.
After selecting the contact, WhatsApp will automatically start transferring all messages and media to Telegrams. Once transferred, the chat will be visible in Telegram to both the sender and the recipient.
How to Transfer Personal Chats on iOS
If you’re using an iPhone, transferring chats to iOS is a little different. This way.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and open the chat you want to transfer to Telegram.
- Now click on Contact Profile at the top. Scroll down and tap on the Export Chat option.
- WhatsApp will ask you whether to include the media or not.
- Next, select the Telegram app in the Share menu that appears.
- Now select the contact to whom you want to assign chat history. Select Import when prompted.
Once imported, you can quickly tell your WhatsApp messages from Telegrams as the transferred chats will be labeled as imported along with their timestamps.
How to transfer WhatsApp group chat to Telegram on Android and iOS
Whether you’re moving your WhatsApp group to Telegram to create a supergroup or to get better management options, exporting your group chats to Telegrams is a similar experience to moving individual chats, with a few minor exceptions. . Let’s see how this process works both Android and iOS.
How to Transfer Group Chats on Android
If you are tired of WhatsApp’s group chat limitations, here’s how to transfer your group chats to Telegram for Android.
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone and open the group chat you want to transfer. Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner, go to More and select the Export chat option.
- If the chat contains media, WhatsApp will ask you to include the media in the export. Select your preferred option.
- Next, choose Telegram from the Share menu that appears.
- In the Telegram app, you can select the group from the list to assign the chat history. Alternatively, you can also select the ‘Create a new group to import’ option to create a new group.
Note that if you’re exporting chats with media, it may take a little longer to transfer your chats.
How to Transfer Group Chats on iOS
If you’re on iOS, here’s how to transfer WhatsApp group chats to Telegram.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and navigate the group chats you want to transfer to Telegram.
- Now, click on the profile of the group at the top. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on the Export Chat option.
- Choose whether WhatsApp should export the media along with the chat. Next, select the Telegram app in the Share menu.
- Lastly, choose a group to which the chat should be transferred or create a new one by selecting the ‘Import to a new group’ option.
All your group chats with media will be transferred to Telegrams.
Switch to Telegram
Telegram has undoubtedly taken a step in the right direction to drive users away from WhatsApp. As we just learned, it becomes as easy as transferring your favorite chats from WhatsApp to Telegrams. And if you want to switch to Telegrams, it indeed allows you to pick up where you left off.