WhatsApp Messenger Rooms Integration
Video conferencing services saw a huge boom during the COVID-19 epidemic. After working with everyone and working from home, Zoom skyrocketed to the top and all its contestants flocked to the scene in an instant. Facebook announced the Messenger Room earlier this year in May. They can accommodate up to 50 users at a time and have no time limit or restrictions.
The social networking giant also said at the time that it would integrate the messenger room into WhatsApp and Instagram. We already do integration live on WhatsApp beta and Instagram app on mobile. But today, Facebook is rolling out Messenger Rooms Integration through WhatsApp web and desktop apps.
Now you can click on a button in the WhatsApp web interface to create your messenger room. But ultimately, to complete the setup process you have to jump to Facebook’s website. This will save you from the pain of a couple of extra clicks. If you want to learn how to create a messenger room through WhatsApp web, read here:
How to create messenger room via Whatsapp web
Before you follow the steps below, make sure that your WhatsApp web is running on the latest version # 2.2031.4. You can simply refresh the page to update your web release. If you have not refreshed the page for a long time, you can see a notification for the same. Now, follow the steps given below:
- Open WhatsApp web (or desktop app) and click on the dot three-dot ‘icon at the top left.
- You will see a new Room Create Room option, which will be sandwiched between ‘New Group’ and ‘Profile’ options.
- You will find a new ‘room’ icon under the attachment section within both group and personal chat.
- You can click on either of the two options in step (2) or step (3) to see continue in the messenger pop-up.
- Yes, you will be taken to Facebook Messenger to complete the installation of the room. If you don’t already know, WhatsApp is only offering users watching video or voice calls to a large group of friends, a quick shortcut to the Messenger Room.
- You will see a Room as CREATE ROOM [FACEBOOK NAME] option, which will ask for permission of camera and microphone on tap. Your messenger room is now ready, just share the invite link, and enjoy a meeting with a maximum of 50 users. We suggest you check out all the participants’ sections and check out the ‘Lock Room’ to prevent random people from zooming in on your call – if the invite link gets leaked.
If you are a group of more than 8 friends, you can now easily create messenger rooms and enjoy video calls. Messenger rooms are integrated with in-app games, filters, and many other features.
Game Developers Can Now Use Google Maps SDK